Tuesday 6 June 2017

What will I vote for on Thursday 8th June 2017?

I strongly believe in independence for Scotland as this is the normal status for any country.

I have campaigned throughout most of my life for this end. In 2014 I campaigned and voted Yes to Independence because my head said so. I don't want Scotland to continue to be a political backwater hidden behind London.


I would have thought it would therefore be a given that I would be happily going out to vote SNP on Thursday 8th June 2017 in the UK General Election which is largely an irrelevance to Scotland. The result matters immensely to Scotland but that is largely down to Scotland still being in the UK.

There is actually no need for Scotland to have another vote. We voted to stay in the EU. We voted to stay in the UK one of the main reasons being that we were told that to leave the UK would mean leaving the EU. To an old jaded independence supporter I could have told any voter that asked that this was a lie but many seem to have gone out and voted No to independence based on this.

On Thursday I would encourage most of Scotland to go out and vote SNP as whilst we are in the UK that is the best way to protect Scotland from whatever Westminster decides to do to us. This was also one of the reasons I became so Pro Remain as the EU has protected us from some of the worst excesses of the Westminster agenda where Scotland is an afterthought if indeed it is thought about at all. Without the protection of the EU voting SNP in a UK General Election therefore becomes more important as we go into the Brexit process.

In my own constituency however I have a major problem. Please see my previous posts on the goings on in Glasgow Provan SNP which is the personal fiefdom of Anne McLaughlin MP and her cronies. Anne McLaughlin is currently the MP for the Glasgow North East Westminster constituency and is standing for re-election.

A Scottish political fable: Animal Farm seems alive and well in today's political climate, at least according to this facebook reviewer whose name I have not used as I have no desire to get them into even more trouble. 

A Scottish Political Fable continues : Animal Farm 2 - Its not what you know, but who you know.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN TEA AND SYMPATHY - Its not what you know but who you know, who you are pals with and who you are employed by! 

SNP MSP gives official warning to aide who posted pro-IRA messages

Shut the f**k up! Are these the words of a local ned? No they are the words of the recently elected Provan MSP Ivan McKee

SNP Provan - Its not what you know or what your experience is - it is who you know or who you have been employed by

The Glasgow Provan SNP branch was previously run by Anne McLaughlin personally up until the AGM last year when she safely installed one of her best pals to run it on her behalf. Her partner/ fiancee (Graham Campbell) was previously a member of Solidarity but joined the SNP and was less than a month later selected to stand for Glasgow City Council as a councillor (and was elected to GCC in May!). And the list goes on of the nepotism which is rife in this branch.

The cabal of Anne's acolytes who are in general self serving careerists have used harassment, lies, bullying and many more underhanded methods to consolidate their dominance in this area. They are now in full old Labour party entitlement mode.

So what do I do on Thursday?

I can vote SNP but this re-elects Anne McLaughlin who is an embarassment is to the cause of Scottish independence and in many ways undermines it. She is a poor MP who is lazy, noticeable largely by her absence and has proved a largely non existent presence in the House of Commons. She is in charge of a corrupt branch through her pal Joe Brady, and makes sure that her pals are elected to all important positions. She is therefore the epitome of a bad politician alienating activists. She therefore is in many ways worse than what preceeded her as at least then you had the hope an SNP MP would actually be better. She is definitely not what Glasgow North East needs as long as it continues to be part of the UK.

However I can't vote for any candidate who does not believe in self determination for Scotland. So the other 3 candidates are not suitable. And even if the Tories were in favour of independence I still could never vote for them.

So I have 4 candidates to choose from and all are unsuitable! I never thought it would come to this.

Most likely I shall just have to hold my nose and reluctantly vote for Anne McLaughlin. I never thought me voting for the SNP would be so difficult.







No comments:

Post a Comment