Thursday 30 June 2016

How can people across the UK have voted for something which had no plan of action?




 I still find the irresponsibility of the ‪#‎Leave ‪#‎EU campaign breathtaking in its extreme almost a week later.
In Scotland during the ‪#‎indyref one of the constant jibes against‪#‎independence was there were just too many unanswered questions. How then can the Leave campaign not have a plan after it has won the European referendum. How can people across the UK have voted for something which had no plan of action?

I compare it to an incident shortly after I came back to Glasgow. My Mum and I were coming down the steps at Bellgrove rail station to find a lady seated waiting for a train laughing her head off. We got talking as you do in Glasgow asked her why she was having a good giggle. She replied 'I got to the top of the steps just outside the station when a train came in. I therefore rushed down and got on the train so I wouldn't miss it but realised I did not know where it was going. I therefore asked the not unreasonable question "Haw yous, do yous know where this train is going?" I then received the answer which was a resounding "Naw". I then quickly got off.'
The UK is now like the passengers on that train that didn't know where they were going. It is all the worse for ‪#‎Scotland as we don't even want to leave the EU but because of the NO vote to independence in 2014 we are stuck on the same train.

No comments:

Post a Comment